- Sarah Reed Senior Living
- Jul 06, 2015
Sarah Reed Announces Groundbreaking Ceremony For New Addition To Skilled Nursing Home
We are excited to announce the groundbreaking for the expansion and renovation of our Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation facility to be held on Tuesday, July 14th at 10:00 am. Mayor Sinnott will participate in the festivities. Honored guests include Mr. Michael Whitley, the great-great nephew of Miss Sarah Reed, and Mrs. Mary Jane Joslin. Mrs. Joslin lived at Sarah Reed as a child during the depression, and now lives in our Senior Apartments. Both Mr. Whitley and Mrs. Joslin will be among the actual ground-breakers. RSVP for event by calling Debbie today at 814-878-2612. Scroll down to view invitation!
- New construction of a 47,456 square foot addition to our skilled nursing facility
- Renovation of our existing skilled nursing area of 40,000 square feet
- Architectural firm is Weber, Murphy, Fox
- Project is currently out to bid to several local contractors
- Final cost will be determined upon return of bids
- Private resident rooms & bathrooms with centrally located comfortable living & dining rooms
- Smaller, intimate, resident neighborhoods
- Enhanced Rehabilitation/Therapy Suite
- Private entrance on Myrtle Street
- Recreation facilities and outdoor courtyard
Benefits to the Community:
- The expansion project builds on our strong foundation of high quality care and services, is keeping with industry standards, and ensures that Sarah Reed’s mission and legacy continues.
- Current nursing care residents reap the comforts of a brand new home, and the residents in our apartments will have improved accommodations upon transition as their healthcare needs change.
- Sarah Reed will remain a primary choice for older adults & their families with its proximity to physicians, downtown offices, shopping, and accessibility to public transportation.
- This endeavor supports the local economy.
Event Details: Outdoor Program w/speakers and groundbreaking to last approximately 30 minutes. Indoor Reception with refreshments will follow.
Contact: Dina Scribner, Director of Marketing & Events 814-878-2626 or email@example.com