- Sarah Reed Senior Living
- Dec 16, 2015
Thanks to Sarah Reed’s Infection Control Nurse, Janet Kiehlmeier RN, for sharing these tips to prevent illnesses during this busy time of year:
Many of you are preparing for the Holiday season. While this is a fun-filled time of the year, preparations for the Holidays can be hectic. The added stress can wear you down and weaken your immune system.
Not only are the Holidays quickly approaching…influenza season will also soon be here.
Here are some tips to help strengthen your immune system:
- Sleep well – aim for at least 7 hours
- Eat a well-balanced diet
- Try to incorporate some “down time” into your day
- Laugh – it’s good for you!
- Exercise or meditate
- Keep your hands away from your eyes, nose and mouth. These are portals of entry for germs.
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer frequently, especially after coming in contact with these potential germ “hot spots”:
- Cell phones
- Elevator buttons
- ATM machine buttons
- Credit/Debit card machine buttons
- Vending machines
- Gym equipment
Best wishes for a happy, healthy Holiday season!